Project Management Surveyor - Fire Safety
Reporting to an Associate Director, the job holder will be a building surveying and project management specialist with a passion for diligent service delivery. The role will involve extensive interactions with the client’s in house and outsources professional team to drive a long-term, programme of fire management projects in line with our customers’ expectations.
You’ll manage the Fire Safety obligations following the updated MHCLG guidance note Advice for Building Owners of Multi-storey, Multi-occupied Residential Buildings in January 2020. Providing Programme Management, Project Management and coordination of all necessary activity in relation to the guidance, preparation of EWS1 forms and leaseholder communications. Working with in-house specialists, fire safety consultants and appointed fire safety engineers. There are no direct reports.
- Project and Programme Management of all fire safety projects.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with all internal departments, client and partners.
- To work together with other departments and divisions within the organisation to identify any process improvements and improve standards and efficiency.
- Programme and Project Management of all Fire Safety survey and remediation work.
- Liaison with managing agents to commission External Cladding Surveys and completion of EWS1 forms.
- Guide selection contractor criteria and scope of works.
- Review proposals, RAMS, insurance cover and warranties.
- Monitor works progress to completion.
- Interpretation of fire survey reports and make recommendations for any required next stage works.
- Regular updates to clients including formal fortnightly programme reporting.
- Highlighting of issues on timely basis and with proposed solutions.
- Implementation of mitigation dependent of report results (waking watch, sounder alarms).
- Monitoring and reporting on mitigation measures.
- Liaison with client internal and external legal team regards options for remediation – Building Guarantee, collateral warranties.
- Monitoring of progress of remediations.
- Monitor communications with interested stakeholders including, but not limited to residents, leaseholders, insurers, fire service, managing agent, freeholder(s).
- Monitor appointment of fire engineer activity including scope of works etc. and completion of External Cladding Surveys and EWS1 forms.
- Reviewing proposals for remediation, H&S, fire safety, building regulations, resident impact, managing communications.
- Legislation considerations including S20 notices, dispensation and any funding/cashflow considerations.
- Monitoring works to completion including site-inspections as required.
- Signing off on works and warranties.
- Ensure all legislation and H&S obligations are complied with in delivering services.
- Ensure all customer and client communication, whatever the form, is responded to in a timely fashion and in accordance with the company’s customer service standards.
- To provide appropriate form of communication, at each interaction, depending on customer preferences and the matter at hand.
- To identify areas of innovation and to generate ideas for improvement in Fire Safety, process and communication across the portfolio.
- Lead on innovative solution development and facilitation of creative ideas.
- Full Member of RICS or CIOB
- Full Member APM
- Qualification in Fire Safety and Risk Management, such as NEBOSH, Fire Protection Association (FPA) would be an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Surveying or similar discipline in the built environment and at least 5 years’ experience in of managing programmes and projects in a high profile and demanding client environment.
- Previous experience of supporting an investment fund.
- Working knowledge of fire regulations within residential built environments and proposed legislation impacting External Cladding Survey Reviews.
- Demonstrable successful submission of Building Guarantee Claims (NHBC/Premier etc) (Interpretation, submission, monitoring)
- Experience of working with legal teams and developers
- Knowledge of Building Regulations, planning applications, property legislation.
- Experience of managing Health & Safety within a build environment.
- Review and interpretation of Building Specifications.
- Creation of works specifications.
- Experience of works tendering including JCT contracts.
- Experience of interpreting build defect reporting.
- Ability to interpret building Operation and Maintenance manuals and As Built drawings.
- Understanding of the communal living residential sector.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
To apply for this position, please fill out the application form and we will get back to you.