Graduate Building Surveyor
Mainstay Group is an award winning and leading Property Management business head quartered in Worcester. We are currently recruiting for a Graduate Building Surveyor to join the team on a permanent basis. The business area will be north of the Midlands and North West, so candidates residing in Staffordshire will be ideally located. This position would suit a graduate Building Surveyor who has some previous work experience and is looking for their next role.
In this position you’ll be assisting the Head of Building Surveying in carrying out the building consultancy function, serving the commercial and residential portfolios as well as external customers.
- Delivery of planned maintenance programmes.
- Project management of major projects / minor works.
- Preparation of insurance reinstatement cost assessments.
- Condition surveys and defect diagnosis.
- Providing a dilapidation service (representing both landlords and tenants).
- Ensuring compliance with Party Wall Act requirements.
- Licence for Alterations.
- Understanding client expectations and ensuring that services are organised to meet those expectations.
- Working with internal stakeholders to provide a full surveying service.
- Generating fee income as part of the wider team.
- Undertaking the role of PM or CA on maintenance and refurbishment projects.
- Ensure client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with all internal departments.
- Liaison with other associated professionals.
- Such other duties as the Head of Building Surveying may from time to time reasonably require.
Qualifications: Degree in Building Surveying and working towards MRICS or equivalent although alternative surveying career paths will be considered.
- 1 to 2 years surveying experience
- Strong IT systems awareness
- Experience of contract administration and project management
- Specification and tender preparation on repair and maintenance projects
- Experience of preparing planned maintenance schedules
- Building defect diagnosis
- Experience of building surveys and condition surveys
- Preparation of insurance reinstatement cost assessments
- Experience of providing cost advice
- Understanding of health and safety and implications of the CDM Regulations
- Awareness of the latest developments and a good understanding of best practice in Surveying, including procurement and contract management methods
- Previous residential experience would be an advantage
- Full Driving Licence and the willingess to travel on a national basis although role will be mainly remote based covering the midlands and north west England
- Commercially aware
- Good communication skills
- Team Player but with the ability to work on your own imitative
- IT literate – experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Understanding or experience of proprietary inspection software would be an advantage.
- Basic CAD experience or similar drawing package
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to develop career in a fast-growing team
To apply for this position, please fill out the application form and we will get back to you.