Property Service Advisor
Is making a difference in delivering exemplary customer service what drives you?
Are you known for going the extra mile when it comes to setting high standards, paying attention to the smallest detail and consistently doing an excellent job?
Are you a reliable and hardworking person who enjoys communicating and interacting with people, managing a professional and efficient customer service?
If this sounds like you, we would love you to join us at Mainstay Group, one of the UK’s leading Property Management Companies. We are recruiting for a Property Service Advisor and, with us, you could make a real difference to people, their homes and assets.
In this pivotal customer facing role based in our Worcester Office, building relationships with customers and clients is key along with being able to demonstrate the following strengths:
- A true passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Demonstrates pride and accountability in their work, with an authentic attitude and approach.
- A desire to constantly look for ways to improve the customer experience and a willingness to embrace change
- To deal with conflict effectively and positively
- Pays attention to the smallest details that will enhance the developments you work with.
- Can build rapport with team members, colleagues and residents, delivering eloquent communication at all times
- Maintains a commitment to robust and methodical processes and compliance behind the scenes.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to prioritise conflicting demands
- To work together with the Property Manager to ensure, that as a team, you take ownership for dealing promptly with repair requests, insurance claims and general enquiries from our customers and colleagues, in line with workflow and process requirements
- To review all workflow requiring action and deliver this inline with relevant business KPI’s, and comply with legislative requirements and maintain company standards in relation to these tasks.
- To prioritise and arrange the completion of repairs that pose a risk to the health and safety of customers, contractors or the public and to escalate emergencies and/or accidents in line with company procedure.
- Ensure, without exception, that accurate information and updates in relation to repairs and customer enquiries are recorded within Qube, to enable a ‘right first time’ philosophy
- To build relationships with service and maintenance providers in order to communicate proactive updates to our customers and to enable you to understand what work is required, outstanding and completed on your property portfolio
- Support the mobilisation team to mobilise new contracts to comply with agreed scope and performance
- To assist in providing appropriate information, reporting and communication to our RMC and freeholder clients
- To support the customer service team in answering incoming calls into the business
- When speaking to the source of information concerning necessary repairs; obtain detailed information in order to address maintenance needs for the customer
Industry Changing Customer Experience
- To demonstrably care about our customers’ experience, be they a resident, client, contractor or colleague and to challenge ourselves with any ideas for improvement in the delivery of our service to them.
- To consider situations and solutions from the customer’s perspective, as if you were in their shoes, so that you work to get things right first time and make a positive difference with any enquiry.
- Work with the property manager to take responsibility for acting upon customer complaints, ensuring that we respond, and follow up, with empathy and understanding and within a timescale that wows the customer
- Welcome and encourage customers to give feedback and then act upon and learn lessons from any feedback given, working together with the Property Manager and support teams as necessary.
- To follow up and seek customer and colleague views on the performance and work completed by our third-party contractors to ensure that together we are delivering the customer experience in line with our vision
- Consistently deliver high quality service to exceed customer expectations and generate good reviews, recommendations and repeat client business
- Together with the Property Manager identify opportunities to support and enhance the communities we service
Industry Leading Communication
- To build a rapport with customers and to actively listen to ensure that customer requests and needs are fully understood (and recorded)
- Deal with day-to-day requests, tasks and general enquiries in a timely and empathetic fashion following through with contractors and colleagues to completion as appropriate
- Ensure that information provided to customers is accurate and explains matters simply and without the use of jargon
- To absolutely ensure that any customer or client complaints, whether by phone or in writing, are acted up on, learnt from and responded to in accordance with the company’s customer service standards
- Provide regular “real-time” updates on ongoing matters to customers and colleagues, through an appropriate form of communication, without them having to contact you first.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with all internal departments and to actively communicate with colleagues across all departments, to provide a joined-up group-wide customer experience.
Empowering our People
- Contribute to being part of our team who truly believe in transforming property management
- Support colleagues with any specific areas of expertise, share best practice and to support overall team development and knowledge
- Embrace training and development opportunities to stay up to date with the latest changes in legislation, technical knowledge and best practice
- Adopt a flexible approach in the team so as to take on other such other duties as the Associate Director or Property Manager may from time to time reasonably require
- Where you can do things differently or take action that creates a Mainstay moment with a customer to make the decision to do so.
- Recognising where we don’t get it right with our customers, you are empowered to put it right by ‘doing the right thing’
- Previous Customer Service role for 1 year
- IT literate and strong interpersonal skills.
- To appreciate and understand the company’s strategic cornerstones and values and to ensure they become integrated and embedded into every interaction
- A real focus on detail, the ability to problem solve, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Team Player and ability to work in a closely knit team.
- Underlying desire to deliver first class, first contact resolutions to all customers.
We recognise that our colleagues often go that extra mile in their daily roles to ensure our clients and customers receive an exceptional service. We like to reward our staff for their commitment and dedication.We are continually evolving and improving our employee benefits to make sure we offer something for everyone.
In addition to the standard salary and holiday allowance we offer:
- 38 hour working week, flexibly arranged within each team
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover (on passing probation)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Additional holiday for long service at five and ten years
- Discount voucher scheme for deals on days out, travel, special events, cinema and restaurants
- Cycle purchase loan scheme
- Free tea, coffee and squash
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please fill out the application form and we will get back to you.