Main purpose of Job
As part of the Residential Management Team, to assist in the delivery of high quality residential property & facilities management services. To perform the role of Property Manager for a portfolio of properties and estates, acting as the face of Mainstay, being the key client and customer liaison within those communities, taking ownership for all service delivery matters.
Purpose of Job
Responsibility for the performance of the customer focused property & facilities management services. Provide the day to day drive to deliver best in class services in an efficient and cost effective way. The job holder will be passionate about service delivery and ensure all activity is focused on adding value to our customer experience. The role will involve extensive customer interactions working to continually evolve and improve our service in line with our customers’ expectations.
Particular aspects of the job will include:
- Undertake the administration and management of the service charges for a portfolio of residential apartment blocks and housing estate developments.
- Responsible for effective delivery of all operational and business processes so as to ensure the delivery of safe, personal and professional management service.
- Drive service standards to rival competitor providers.
- Taking a lead on formal resident and client liaison including residents’ meetings, building relationships with clients and customers.
- Implementation of efficient site-led processes to optimise the delivery solution to ensure the best possible customer experience.
- Overseeing delivery of efficient and effective repair and maintenance requirements.
- Contractor appointment and management, utilising site staff where appropriate.
- Responsibility for Health & Safety.
- Ownership of service charge budgeting, financial management and reporting.
- Supporting the satisfactory transition from bidding, through mobilisation to service delivery, including phased build programmes for new development in the region.
- Supporting the other Property Managers and colleagues as appropriate, including sharing of best practice and ensuring service consistency.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with all internal departments;
- To Carry out day to day activity and tasks in line with workflow and process requirements;
- To work together with other departments and divisions within the organisation to identify any process improvements and improve standards, efficiency and profitability;
- Ensure all leaseholder legislation is complied with in delivering services;
- To deliver all business and client KPI’s, comply with legislative requirements and maintain company standards in relation to service charge budgets and accounts, site inspections, risk and compliance activity, supply chain management and record keeping;
- Ensure all lease obligations are being delivered;
- Take ownership of both day-to-day maintenance and service requirements, as well as longer term maintenance requirements in order to meet the obligations set our and to protect the client’s asset.
- Ensure all customer and client communication, whatever the form, is responded to in a timely fashion and in accordance with the company’s customer service standards;
- To provide appropriate form of communication, at each interaction, depending on customer preferences and the matter at hand;
- Develop and maintain a programme of regular proactive communication including newsletters and portal messaging in order to provide updates on live or recently closed matters;
- To actively communicate with colleagues internally, across all departments, to provide a joined up group-wide customer experience.
- To take individual ownership of the development of an exemplary customer service culture across the portfolio, considering each interaction from the customer’s perspective;
- Take ownership of the customer experience through visible and accessible property management services with personal intervention;
- Build relationships with customers and “key players” within the resident community in order to manage expectations and where possible shape the services around the customer requirements;
- Seek to continually improve the customer service delivery and ratings thereof, reviewing, responding to and learning lessons from feedback surveys, implementing change where possible & appropriate;
- Deliver effective and efficient complaint handling, with empathy and understanding;
- Adopt an innovative approach to service solutions to continually improve the customer experience;
- Drive to increase customer testimonials and reduce/eliminate the reasons for customers to complain.
- Develop robust client relationships, understanding their expectations and ensuring that services are organised to meet those expectations;
- To provide appropriate reporting and communication, including meetings, in line with client requirements and expectations;
- Develop and deliver a programme of regular and proactive client update reporting;
- Ensure that contractual obligations are being met for each client entity and that commercial performance is maintained;
- Take a longer term view of the maintenance of the client’s asset and where possible seek to identify opportunities to enhance asset values;
- Drive to adopt an innovative approach to continually exceed customer expectations.
Sustainable & Profitable Growth
- Develop and maintain account management plans focused on business retention;
- Ensure delivery of the regional Residential Property Management Business plan;
- Identify opportunities for organic account growth;
- Support the mobilisation team to mobilise new contracts to comply with agreed scope and performance;
- Where it provides best value to the customer, ensure the internal supply chain use is maximised;
- Deliver a high quality service to generate recommendations and repeat client business.
- Maximise training and development opportunities, to keep abreast of recent landlord and tenant legislation, safety regulations and the latest management practices engaging fully with development opportunities in order to reach potential and achieve career development.
- Support colleagues in specific areas of expertise to share best practice and support overall team development and knowledge;
- Identify opportunities to support and enhance the communities serviced;
- Adopt a flexible approach in the team so as to take on other such other duties as the MD or Associate Director may from time to time reasonably require.
We recognise that our colleagues often go that extra mile in their daily roles to ensure our clients and customers receive an exceptional service. We like to reward our staff for their commitment and dedication.We are continually evolving and improving our employee benefits to make sure we offer something for everyone.
In addition to the standard salary and holiday allowance we offer:
- 38 hour working week, flexibly arranged within each team
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover (on passing probation)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Additional holiday for long service at five and ten years
- Discount voucher scheme for deals on days out, travel, special events, cinema and restaurants
- Cycle purchase loan scheme
- Free tea, coffee and squash
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please fill out the application form and we will get back to you.