"Contacting us" updated 20/03/2020
"Impact on services" updated 25/03/2020
Important information on COVID-19 for our customers
As the situation around the COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to evolve, our priority remains the health and safety of our colleagues, customers and visitors. We are committed to doing all we can to keep you safe and protect the services provided to you during the current coronavirus pandemic. We want to reassure our customers that we are continually monitoring the Government and Public Health England advice and information.
We are continuing to provide services to our managed buildings and estates as normal. These services include concierge, caretaking, gardening, cleaning as well as servicing and repairs. Where there are any exceptions these will be communicated locally.
Our cleaning regime has been reviewed and in particular we are focussing on ensuring the additional cleaning and disinfecting of door handles, door push plates, lift and intercom buttons, etc.
We are aware that it is possible that coronavirus may impact our ability to perform repairs and maintenance tasks. We have in place business continuity plans to deal with emergency situations and these are being tested in line with the current Government guidance and reviewed daily. We are liaising closely with contractors and suppliers to review their emergency plans to ensure that any impact is as limited as possible.
Parcels: Where we offer this service, we will endeavour to continue accepting parcel deliveries and providing a keyholding service; however, our staff will sign deliveries and keys in/out on your behalf to limit contact.
We want to ensure we are keeping you, and our colleagues, as safe as possible and in line with current Government and Public Health England advice we will be limiting our colleagues travel and social contact. We are recommending that:
• Community events are postponed
• Customer and client meetings are held, where possible, using technology i.e. Skype/WebEx, rather than in person.
• Staff visits to customers’ homes are limited to emergency situations only
• Staff visits to managed buildings and estates are reduced to essential visits only
• Our staff and contractors that are visiting customers’ buildings and estates are reminded to follow the specific social distance and handwashing practices recommended by Government.
• Residents are reminded to follow current guidance found using the link to Government advice below, taking extra care regarding hygiene, washing hands and social contact.
Whilst our main contact points for customers remain open, we are encouraging our customers to e-mail or use our portal, leaving our phone lines open for emergencies and calls of an urgent nature.
Whilst there is the potential for some disruption, we are progressing our business continuity activity to provide continued service via all of these mediums.
Our out of hours contact provider is continuing to provide their service as normal. We will update this statement if we anticipate any downtime to those services.
Where estates have concierge and reception services, these will remain open. Where there are exceptions these will be communicated locally. Our concierge and reception staff are also reminded to follow the specific social distance and handwashing practices recommended by the Government.
If we need to get a message to lots of people quickly, the fastest way is by email. Whilst we won’t rely on this communication method entirely, we do want to ensure that we can reach as many people as quickly as possible. If we do not have your email address, please send your details including your property address, to email@example.com.
Our teams have been provided with updated processes and guidance if coronavirus is identified in any of our managed properties. For buildings where there are site-based staff, this updated guidance includes what to do if they feel unwell and guidance on helping to prevent the virus spreading. All advice is based on the current Government and Public Health England guidance which will be reviewed and updated as required.
As the situation with coronavirus evolves there will undoubtedly be a number of our residents who will be required to self-isolate. In these circumstances we request that you:
• Restrict access as required
• Notify Mainstay by email or telephone where a member of your household is self-isolating, as well as notifying any potential visitor, including contractors and staff requesting access to your property. Please do not visit the front desk or approach concierge/staff directly.
• Follow the current stay at home advice by following the current guidance link to the right.
Current advice and information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response