Information on COVID-19
Our priority remains the health and safety of our colleagues, customers and visitors. We remain committed to doing all we can to keep you safe and protect the services provided to you during the current coronavirus pandemic. We want to reassure our customers that we are continually monitoring the Government and Public Health England advice and information.
We are continuing where possible to provide services to our managed buildings and estates. Any exceptions to this will be communicated locally to our customers.
- Communal Amenities: Any amenities or communal facilities such as a gyms, community centres, residents’ rooms and children’s play areas will be closed until further notice in line with government guidance. Where possible, we will seek to limit peoples’ access to these areas.
- Cleaning: The cleaning regimes for all high footfall areas such as entrances, lift lobbies, lift buttons/panels, entry-phone systems and door handles have increased.
- Repairs and Maintenance: Essential works will continue to be undertaken. We are aware that coronavirus may impact our ability to perform more routine repairs and maintenance tasks. We are liaising closely with contractors and suppliers to review their emergency plans to ensure that this is as limited as possible.
- Concierge Services: Where estates have concierge and reception services, these remain open. Any exceptions to this are being communicated locally. Concierge/reception staff are to follow the recommended social distance and handwashing practices.
- Packages: Where we offer this service, we will continue to accept parcel deliveries and provide a keyholding service; however, our staff will sign deliveries and keys in/out on your behalf to limit contact.
We want to ensure we are keeping our communities as safe as possible and will follow advice to limit our colleagues travel and social contact: –
- Community events are postponed
- Our teams are now working remotely where it is possible to carry out work from home
- Customer and client meetings are being held using Skype/WebEx, etc. rather than in person
- Staff visits to customers’ homes, and managed buildings and estates, are limited to emergency situations and essential visits only
- Staff and contractors that do visit customers’ buildings and estates are to follow the recommended social distance and handwashing practices.
- Concierge and caretaking staff on estates have been provided with additional personal protective equipment to help prevent the spread of infection.
- Everyone, including our residents, is requested to avoid physical contact, including the shaking of hands and we respectfully request that people keep a two-metre distance between themselves, staff and contractors.
- Staff have been provided with updated processes and guidance if coronavirus is identified in any of our managed properties.
At a time where our residents will be spending more time at home you should ensure that you are familiar with the fire policy for your building (available on the portal and displayed on notice boards). If you are unsure, please contact us for a copy.
Fire safety in your own home:
- You should have at least one working smoke alarms in your apartment and test it on a regular basis.
- All family members should know what to do if you have a fire, particularly elderly people and children.
- Before going to bed, close your doors, unplug electrical appliances and chargers, check heaters are off and candles and cigarettes are properly extinguished.
Communal areas safety:
- To prevent the spread of fire all communal fire doors should be kept closed at all times, unless they on an automatic door closing system.
- All communal corridors and means of escape must be kept free and clear at all times, this includes refuse, shoes and other personal items.
- If you see anything that is a fire risk or concern, please notify us on 01905 357777 as soon as possible.
Where our residents displaying symptoms are required to self-isolate, we request that you:
- Restrict access as required
- Notify Mainstay by email or telephone, as well as notifying any potential visitor, including contractors and staff requesting access to your property
- Please do not visit the front desk or approach concierge/staff
- Follow the stay at home advice which can be found using the current guidance link
We are committed to providing the best possible service with the safety and security of our customers colleagues and their families being our primary priority at this difficult time. Current advice and information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
We need your email address
If we do not have your email address, please send your details along with your property address, to firstname.lastname@example.org.