Health and Safety Advisor
Responsible and accountable for conducting Type 1 and Type 2 fire risk assessments and general risk assessments with the production of reports with comprehensive and concise detail of findings and recommendations. Delivering the Health and Safety support to meet the needs of the Mainstay Group businesses.
Responsible & accountable for:
- Conducting comprehensive Type 1 and Type 2 risk assessments at our managed properties and providing comprehensive and concise detail of findings and recommendations
- Assisting in the development of consistent, standardised reporting
- Assisting in defining and maintaining service levels by understanding internal client expectations
- Working with managers to ensure consistency of practice and standards
- Assisting, where necessary, in providing monthly reports to the Head of Health and Safety & Fire Safety to present to the board on H&S performance and other issues
- Assisting with health and safety plans, method statements, safety policies and other relevant submissions from those contracted to undertake work for the Company
- Assisting in developing and/or reviewing task based risk assessments, method statements, CoSHH assessments and DSE assessments
- Assisting in ensuring that all health and safety management systems are suitable and sufficient for clients and Mainstay requirements and that they are maintained
- Assisting in the audit arrangements to ensure they are suitable and sufficient for all client and Mainstay requirements
- Reviewing with other team members that all relevant Legislative Requirements are carried out in respect to the contract requirements
- Assisting in ensuring efficient and suitable health and safety communication is maintained with the clients’ representatives, Mainstay Group, external authorities and professional bodies and organisations
- Any other duties which may be required, as notified by the Head of Health and Safety & Fire Safety
Experience and Personal Qualities
Essential Mandatory Minimum Qualifications:
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
- NEBOSH certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
- CFPA Certificate in Applied Fire Risk Assessment
- Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- MUST have an excellent working knowledge and understanding of relevant Statutory Legislation, ACoP’s and British Standards, Approved Documents etc
- Pro-active working style
- Good written and verbal communication
- Planning/ organisational skills
- IT literate
- Decision making
- Report writing skills
- Strong hands-on qualities and one who leads by example – prepared to work at levels lower than the job position when necessary.
- MUST have proven experience in conducting in-depth Type 1 and Type 2 Fire Risk Assessment Surveys and General H&S Risk Assessment Surveys.
- Completion of comprehensive and concise reports with recommendations in adherence to The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, Approved Documents, British Standards etc.
- MUST have a strong knowledge of all H&S and Fire Safety Legislation and be able to advise accordingly where Breaches in legislation may occur and the ramifications to the Responsible Person and Key Stakeholders.
- MUST have a minimum 1 year in H&S and Fire Safety role within a facilities management arena
- MUST have multi-site operations experience
- MUST have proven experience in conducting multi-site Type 1 and Type 2 fire and general risk assessment surveys
- Experience in delivering health & safety and fire safety training
- Team Player and ability to work in an environment of collective responsibility
- Professional Integrity
- Political Awareness
- Proactive approach
- Flexible and adaptive, with a real determination to succeed and develop
We recognise that our colleagues often go that extra mile in their daily roles to ensure our clients and customers receive an exceptional service. We like to reward our staff for their commitment and dedication.We are continually evolving and improving our employee benefits to make sure we offer something for everyone.
In addition to the standard salary and holiday allowance we offer:
- 38 hour working week, flexibly arranged within each team
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover (on passing probation)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Additional holiday for long service at five and ten years
- Discount voucher scheme for deals on days out, travel, special events, cinema and restaurants
- Cycle purchase loan scheme
- Free tea, coffee and squash
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please fill out the application form and we will get back to you.