Customer Service Advisor
Main purpose of Job
To be the first point of contact for external and internal customers delivering exceptional customer service through every interaction.
- Provide a welcoming and professional first impression of Mainstay to all visitors to our premises.
- Ensure that all incoming calls/enquiries are answered within the set KPIs, the company charter and in a welcoming and empathetic manner
- Deal with all general enquiry tasks and ensure that any more in depth customer enquiry is directed to the correct teams for resolution as appropriate.
- Ensure that sufficient information is captured and recorded on QUBE including where incoming enquires are being redirected to other colleagues
- Register repair requests with accurate detail and appropriate priority, with any urgent tasks, emergencies or accidents being flagged to the relevant personnel/teams
- As part of the team on a rotating basis to sort and distribute incoming post in accordance with set procedure and to oversee the production and the end of day sending of the businesses outgoing post.
- Working with other support teams to ensure that QUBE is utilised and updated providing ‘real time’ progress reports in order to aid a ‘first point of call resolution’ philosophy.
- Report on agreed performance criteria and the overall performance of both the team and individuals directly to the Customer Support Manager
Industry Changing Customer Experienc
- To demonstrably care about our customers’ experience, be they a resident, client, contractor or colleague and to challenge ourselves with any ideas for improvement in the delivery of our service to them.
- To build a rapport with customers and to actively listen to ensure that customer requests and needs are fully understood (and recorded)
- To take individual ownership, putting yourself in the customers’ shoes and ensuring that day-to-day requests, tasks and general enquiries are dealt with empathy following through with colleagues to completion as appropriate
- Ensure that information provided to customers is accurate and explains matters simply and without the use of jargon
- To actively communicate with colleagues internally, across all departments, to provide a joined-up group-wide customer experience.
- To absolutely ensure that any customer or client complaints, whether by phone or in writing, are acted up on, learnt from and responded to in accordance with the company’s customer service standards
- Where you identify, contractors fail to fulfil their contractual agreement highlight this to the relevant property management team
- To work together with other departments and divisions within the organisation to identify any process improvements and improve standards, efficiency and profitability
Industry Leading Communication
- Deal with enquiries in a timely and efficient fashion aiming to wow the customer
- Where dissatisfaction is expressed by our customers, ensure that this is flagged promptly to the property team and registered in line with our complaints procedure
- Build relationships and understanding of the Property Management and Property Support Advisor Teams and internal/external Contractors in order to deal with queries and correspondence in accordance with Mainstay contact policies
- To actively communicate with colleagues internally, across all departments, to provide a joined up group-wide customer experience
Empowering Our People
- Contribute to being part of our team who truly believe in transforming property management
- Support colleagues with any specific areas of expertise, share best practice and to support overall team development and knowledge
- Embrace training and development opportunities to stay up to date with the latest changes in legislation, technical knowledge and best practice
- Adopt a flexible approach in the team so as to take on other such other duties as the Property team may from time to time reasonably require
- Where you can do things differently or take action that creates a mainstay moment with a customer to make the decision to do so
- Recognise where your colleagues provide great or exceptional service
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Qualities
- Essential – minimum of 1 years’ experience in a customer service environment with call handling experience
- Essential – must be able to demonstrate exceptional communication skills with the ability to build relationships over the telephone
- Essential – must be able to demonstrate the ability to problem solve and to work through difficult scenarios whilst also knowing when to seek help
- Essential – must be able to demonstrate exceptional IT skills and database management. Use of QUBE is desirable but not essential
- To appreciate and understand the company’s strategic foundations and values and to ensure they become integrated and embedded into everything interaction
- A desire to constantly look for ways to improve the customer experience and a willingness to embrace change
- Possess a strong ‘can-do’ attitude with a confident approach to ownership and accountability
- Relish building rapport with internal and external customers and to respond effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure and to prioritise conflicting demands
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
We recognise that our colleagues often go that extra mile in their daily roles to ensure our clients and customers receive an exceptional service. We like to reward our staff for their commitment and dedication.We are continually evolving and improving our employee benefits to make sure we offer something for everyone.
In addition to the standard salary and holiday allowance we offer:
- 38 hour working week, flexibly arranged within each team
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover (on passing probation)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Additional holiday for long service at five and ten years
- Discount voucher scheme for deals on days out, travel, special events, cinema and restaurants
- Cycle purchase loan scheme
- Free tea, coffee and squash
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please fill out the application form and we will get back to you.