Main purpose of Job
The Credit Controller is responsible for calls to debtors and all aspects of debt collection for either service charge and ground rent for all of the properties fully managed by Mainstay, or for the collection of rent arrears and landlord arrears on the (tenanted) portfolio. Should it be required, the Credit Controller also manages the referral and monitoring of any legal action resulting from the debt.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Dealing with all aspects pertinent to long leasehold and freehold properties. To recover all unpaid Service Charge and Ground Rent charges and maximise cash collection.
Debt Collection – Block Management
- Ensure that service charge and ground rent arrears are collected in a timely manner.
- Telephone call contact with leaseholders and arrears letters are to be sent out in accordance with company policies.
- Ensuring accuracy of debtor, establishing correct debtor by use of land registry checks etc in line with company policy.
- Ensuring that all legal referrals are made in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies.
- To ensure that communication is maintained with the solicitors to enable the process to be as efficient as possible.
Credit Card Payments
Processing of credit/debit card payments in a timely manner.
Ensuring that information provided to the accounting teams in a timely, efficient & appropriate manner to ensure the collection of all debt collection related fees for Mainstay.
Ensuring that all queries from all sources are adequately answered, quickly and efficiently in accordance with internal guidelines.
Pro-actively managing accounts that have been suppressed and placed on hold.
- To carry out such other tasks as the financial controller or credit control supervisor may from time to time reasonably require.
- Development of client accounting procedures and systems to ensure continual improvement.
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Qualities
Experience & Qualifications
- Ideally having experience of working in a property management business
- Financial background preferred
- Experience of chasing payment of unpaid debts by letter, email and telephone
- Highly PC literate and ideally familiar with using Excel and Word
- Ability to rapidly gain a good understanding with unfamiliar computing systems
- Experience of communicating with external customers
- Credit Control Experience/Qualification
Personal Qualities & Skills
- Well developed administration and organisational skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Well developed oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic team player
- Customer focussed and able to produce work of a consistently high quality
We recognise that our colleagues often go that extra mile in their daily roles to ensure our clients and customers receive an exceptional service. We like to reward our staff for their commitment and dedication.We are continually evolving and improving our employee benefits to make sure we offer something for everyone.
In addition to the standard salary and holiday allowance we offer:
- 38 hour working week, flexibly arranged within each team
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover (on passing probation)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Additional holiday for long service at five and ten years
- Discount voucher scheme for deals on days out, travel, special events, cinema and restaurants
- Cycle purchase loan scheme
- Free tea, coffee and squash
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please fill out the application form and we will get back to you.