Senior Facilities Manager
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Facilities Manager to be responsible for the leadership and day-to-day management of a team overseeing all aspects of facilities management of a 180000sq ft corporate site in Bromley. You’ll manage a team of Facilities Managers who each manage a housekeeper and cleaning team, security and maintenance technicians.
The successful candidate will have very high levels of customer service, potentially from a large hotel or corporate offices background, with the IOSH Managing Safely qualification.
- Team Management
- Relationship Management
- Driving business performance and financial controls
- Planning, implementation & control of site operations.
- Systems and Procedures
- Quality Control – audits and inspections
- Health & Safety
- Complaint Handling
- Management of contractors
- Responsible for a range of disciplines within the built environment and to our clients, customers and staff alike for the delivery and effective governance of all operational and business processes to ensure delivery of a first-class service.
- To motivate, develop and nurture a team of staff to achieving company targets.
- To be involved in the recruitment, retention and development of new staff into the facilities
- management team to maximise the delivery of a first-class service including a full induction program
- Provide access to suitable resources for support staff, customers and members of the public to maintain a safe, clean and exemplary physical environment
- Strong hands-on leadership qualities and one who leads by example – prepared to work at levels lower than the job position when necessary.
- Underlying desire to deliver the best client experience possible
NEBOSH (desired), IOSH Managing Safely (required)
- Significant management experience in FM Services.
- Demonstrable experience of driving business growth.
- Experience of large / multi property portfolio management.
- Strong Business Systems awareness.
- Awareness of the latest developments in the FM market
- Development and introduction of new operational procedures.
- Significant involvement in the preparation and execution of Business Plans and operational
- programmes, and the development of business.
- Excellent people management skills and a demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities.
- Excellent communications and leadership skills.
- Fully accepting of ownership and accountability.
- Commercially aware with strong profit orientation.
- Good ability to develop and maintain business relationships.
- Unfaltering dedication to deliver on commitments made internally and to customers.
- Ability to understand strategic business requirements.
- Team Player and ability to work in an environment of collective responsibility.
- IT literate and strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
We recognise that our colleagues often go that extra mile in their daily roles to ensure our clients and customers receive an exceptional service. We like to reward our staff for their commitment and dedication.We are continually evolving and improving our employee benefits to make sure we offer something for everyone.
In addition to the standard salary and holiday allowance we offer:
- 38 hour working week, flexibly arranged within each team
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover (on passing probation)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Additional holiday for long service at five and ten years
- Discount voucher scheme for deals on days out, travel, special events, cinema and restaurants
- Cycle purchase loan scheme
- Free tea, coffee and squash
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please fill out the application form and we will get back to you.