Health & Safety Advisor
An established leading Property Management business based in Worcester is looking to recruit an experienced Health & Safety Advisor on a permanent basis. The essential requirements are:
- FPA Certificate in Applied Fire Risk Assessment.
- Sound knowledge and currently be working in conducting Type 1 and Type 2 Fire and General Risk Assessments in residential and commercial properties.
Reporting to the Head of H & S and Fire Safety, you’ll be part of a small team of Advisors covering managed properties across England. You’ll need a full UK Driving Licence and be willing to travel in the role as required. You’ll use a comprehensive app to collate information and photographic evidence which will then be uploaded to reports for approval. We anticipate 3 days per week in the field and 2 days per week in the Worcester Head Office.
The role relates to the interpretation and delivery of Fire Safety and Health & Safety services necessary to support the Mainstay businesses in line with the Corporate Strategy and relevant Statutory Health, Safety and Environmental Provisions.
• Conducting comprehensive Type 1 and Type 2 risk assessments at our managed properties and providing comprehensive and concise detail of findings and recommendations
• Assisting in the development of consistent, standardised reporting
• Assisting in defining and maintaining service levels by understanding internal client expectations
• Working with managers to ensure consistency of practice and standards
• Assisting, where necessary, in providing monthly reports to the Head of Health and Safety to present to the board on H&S performance and other issues
• Assisting with health and safety plans, method statements, safety policies and other relevant submissions from those contracted to undertake work for the Company
• Assisting in developing and/or reviewing task based risk assessments, method statements, CoSHH assessments and DSE assessments
• Assisting in ensuring that all health and safety management systems are suitable and sufficient for clients and Mainstay requirements and that they are maintained
• Assisting in the audit arrangements to ensure they are suitable and sufficient for all client and Mainstay requirements
• Reviewing with other team members that all relevant Legislative Requirements are carried out in respect to the contract requirements
• Assisting in ensuring efficient and suitable health and safety communication is maintained with the clients’ representatives, Mainstay Group, external authorities and professional bodies and organisations
Personal Qualities a Skills:
- An excellent working knowledge and understanding of relevant Statutory Legislation, ACoP’s and British Standards, Approved Documents etc
- Proven experience in conducting in-depth Type 1 and Type 2 Fire Risk Assessment Surveys and General H&S Risk Assessment Surveys.
- Completion of comprehensive and concise reports with recommendations in adherence to The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, Approved Documents, British Standards etc.
- Strong knowledge of all H&S and Fire Safety Legislation and be able to advise accordingly where Breaches in legislation may occur and the ramifications to the Responsible Person and Key Stakeholders.
- A minimum 1 year in H&S and Fire Safety role within a facilities management arena
- Multi-site operations experience
- Proven experience in conducting multi-site Type 1 and Type 2 fire and general risk assessment surveys
- Experience in delivering H&S and fire safety training
We recognise that our colleagues often go that extra mile in their daily roles to ensure our clients and customers receive an exceptional service. We like to reward our staff for their commitment and dedication.We are continually evolving and improving our employee benefits to make sure we offer something for everyone.
In addition to the standard salary and holiday allowance we offer:
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover (on passing probation)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Additional holiday for long service at five and ten years
- Discount voucher scheme for deals on days out, travel, special events, cinema and restaurants
- Cycle purchase loan scheme
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please fill out the application form and we will get back to you.