Fire Risk Assessor (Residential)
The jobholder will be responsible and accountable for conducting Type 1 and Type 2 Fire Risk Assessments and Health & Safety Risk Assessments with the production of reports with comprehensive and concise detail of findings and recommendations. Also delivering the Health and Safety support to meet the needs of the Mainstay Group businesses.
Reporting to the Head of H & S and Fire Safety, you’ll be part of a small team of Advisors covering managed residential properties across England. You’ll need a full UK Driving Licence and be willing to travel in the role as required.
- Conducting comprehensive Type 1 and Type 2 risk assessments at our managed properties and providing comprehensive and concise detail of findings and recommendations
- Ensure buildings conform to the Building Regulations and technical standards.
- Review of relevant H&S and fire documentation to assist risk assessment production (e.g. existing fire risk assessment reports; existing fire safety strategy reports; fire drawings, such as fire compartmentation drawings, H&S Files, O&M and M&E manuals etc.)
- Supporting the business with Fire Safety and Health & Safety enquiries
- Assisting in the development of consistent, standardised reporting
- Assisting in defining and maintaining service levels by understanding internal client expectations
- Working with Head of Health & Safety and Fire Safety to ensure consistency of practice and standards
- Assisting, where necessary, in providing monthly reports to the Head of Health & Safety and Fire Safety to present to the board on H&S performance and other issues
- Assisting with health and safety plans, method statements, safety policies and other relevant submissions from those contracted to undertake work for the Company
- Assisting in the audit arrangements to ensure they are suitable and sufficient for all client and Mainstay requirements
- Reviewing with other team members that all relevant Legislative Requirements are carried out in respect to the contract requirements
- Any other duties which may be required, as notified by the Head of Health & Safety and Fire Safety
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
- FPA Certificate in Applied Fire Risk Assessment and/or NEBOSH Fire
- Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health – Desirable
- Member of a professional institution, such as FPA, IFE etc – Desirable
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must have an excellent working knowledge and understanding of relevant Statutory Legislation, ACoP’s and British Standards, Approved Documents etc
- An understanding of fire dynamics, heat transfer and smoke behaviour principles in built environments with regards to means of escape and life safety when conducting a fire risk assessment
- Experienced in conducting in-depth Type 1 and Type 2 Fire Risk Assessment Surveys and General H&S Risk Assessment Surveys.
- Completion of comprehensive and concise reports with recommendations in adherence to The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, Approved Documents, British Standards etc.
- Proven experience and a sound knowledge of all H&S and Fire Safety Legislation and be able to advise accordingly where Breaches in legislation may occur and the ramifications to the Responsible Person and Key Stakeholders.
- Proven experience in Multi-site operations
- Experience in delivering health & safety and fire safety training – Desirable
We recognise that our colleagues often go that extra mile in their daily roles to ensure our clients and customers receive an exceptional service. We like to reward our staff for their commitment and dedication.We are continually evolving and improving our employee benefits to make sure we offer something for everyone.
In addition to the standard salary and holiday allowance we offer:
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover (on passing probation)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Additional holiday for long service at five and ten years
- Discount voucher scheme for deals on days out, travel, special events, cinema and restaurants
- Cycle purchase loan scheme
- Free tea, coffee and squash
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org