This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start their career in Accounts or Finance!
Mainstay Group is a Property Management company based in Worcester. We are looking to recruit a Finance Apprentice to join us and gain qualifications as you work. This is a varied role which provides an excellent opportunity to understand a company’s finance functions. You’d study AAT Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2).
This is a full time role, 38 hours per week Monday to Friday with one day college release during term time –
Week 1 – Mon – Thurs 08:00 to 17:00, Fri 08:00 to 15:00
Week 2 – Mon – Thurs 08:00 to 16:45, Fri 08:00 to 16:00
- Supporting the Client Accounting Team in the provision of all aspects of financial management within the following functions:
- Purchase Ledger (for example – scanning, registering and posting of invoices)
- Cashiering (for example – bank reconciliations, cash postings and allocations)
- Service Charge Accounts (for example – preparation of accounts, budgets and other financial reporting as required by internal and external clients)
- Financial Administration (for example – database management, production of demands)
- Administration (for example – archiving and invoice retrieval, daily post, scanning, filing)
- A genuine interest in finance or accounts
- A minimum of 5 GSCEs grade C or above including English and Maths
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills including use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good organisation skills and able to prioritise workload
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team
We recognise that our colleagues often go that extra mile in their daily roles to ensure our clients and customers receive an exceptional service. We like to reward our staff for their commitment and dedication.We are continually evolving and improving our employee benefits to make sure we offer something for everyone.
In addition to the standard salary and holiday allowance we offer:
- 38 hour working week, flexibly arranged within each team
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover (on passing probation)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Additional holiday for long service at five and ten years
- Discount voucher scheme for deals on days out, travel, special events, cinema and restaurants
- Cycle purchase loan scheme
- Free tea, coffee and squash
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please fill out the application form and we will get back to you.