We are looking for an Estate Manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all Plymouth Sites, staff, security and services, for the benefit of all residents. The hours will be Monday – Friday 8am – 4.30pm.
- Site Management – take responsibility for the presentation, cleanliness and safety of all the public areas and interact with residents in a courteous, professional and helpful manner
- Weekly site report, to relate repairs and issues raised by residents.
- Staff Management – Arranging rosters/holiday cover, collating hours worked/overtime inc. monthly return, assigning tasks and delegating responsibility for non-urgent/specific tasks particularly to night shift concierge, security staff or cleaners, training, inc health and safety awareness
- Site presentation – Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of the staff areas at all times, specifically in relation to desks, glazing, floors, deliveries and lighting, be responsible for the removal of litter, detritus and other site materials from the communal areas of the development, paying specific attention to the courtyard, car parks, and lifts.
- To ensure the building frontage is kept clean and tidy.
- To be responsible for the watering of any plants or shrubbery within the external areas of the development.
- Management of contractors in conjunction with the Property Manager
- Record keeping of Key holders, patrols, visitors, new residents, parcels and recorded deliveries, temporary car park spaces issued, manage and account for the petty cash on a monthly basis where appropriate.
- Health & Safety compliance in accordance with company policy to include monthly H&S checks, weekly lift alarm tests, weekly fire alarm tests, emergency light tests.
- Management of Key holding
- Security – Be aware and responsible for all visitors and contractors on site, regularly monitor all CCTV and access control systems and make back ups, patrol at regular intervals, checking all doors and external gates, report any faults to the access/fire/CCTV systems to the appropriate contractors and Mainstay.
- Report any health & safety, communal/building defect from patrols.
- Ensure contact is made with local police and arrange site visits from the community support officer.
- Regularly check the access control systems for lost/stolen cards/fobs.
- Report any damage to the building, or damage to residents’ possessions in public areas to Mainstay Head Office.
- Management of site contractors.
- To be fully conversant with all of the site manuals, operating procedures, and operation of the communal M&E items;
- Where necessary take physical readings for gas and electric meters, giving them to the appropriate resident/letting agent/mainstay.
- To liaise with the local council regarding refuse collection
- To review site signage on a daily basis, any residents notice board, other communal areas ensuring all signage and notices are appropriate.
- Communication with Mainstay Head Office
- M&E (mechanical and engineering) experience.
- Preferred knowledge of Facilities and Property management but not essential.
- Line management of Staff is essential.
We recognise that our colleagues often go that extra mile in their daily roles to ensure our clients and customers receive an exceptional service. We like to reward our staff for their commitment and dedication.We are continually evolving and improving our employee benefits to make sure we offer something for everyone.
In addition to the standard salary and holiday allowance we offer:
- 38 hour working week, flexibly arranged within each team
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover (on passing probation)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Additional holiday for long service at five and ten years
- Discount voucher scheme for deals on days out, travel, special events, cinema and restaurants
- Cycle purchase loan scheme
- Free tea, coffee and squash
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please fill out the application form and we will get back to you.