Mainstay Group is an award-winning Property Management business, and we’re looking for an experienced Estate Manager on a permanent basis for one of our prestigious residential sites in Gillingham, Kent. In this role you’ll provide exceptional customer service to a wide variety of residents, leaseholders, clients, contractors and colleagues.
This is a varied and fast-paced position where you’ll take ownership of queries and see them through to completion with the full support of your colleagues.
The service charge budget is circa £1.5M per annum across 20 different funds for 850 mixed units. The staff comprise of cleaners and supervisors to directly maintain 9 different buildings, gymnasium, car parks and public realm areas. The development has a district heating system, providing heating and hot water to most apartments.
The successful candidate is likely to be an IRPM qualified Property / Estates Manager with a background of working on prestigious residential developments.
Reporting to the Associate Director, this is a varied and busy position with a range of duties which can be broadly grouped into the following categories:
- Site Management
- Health and Safety
- Staff Management
- Management of contractors
- Record keeping
- Key holding
- M & E Services
- Utilities/Statutory authorities
- Resident and Client liaison
- Landlord and Tenant and recent Management Practice
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous Residential Estate Management experience is essential
- Experience of service charge budgeting
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety
- An IRPM or BIFM qualification is desirable.
- A good understanding of M&E
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels
- Able to demonstrate the ability to problem solve and to work through difficult scenarios whilst also knowing when to seek help
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail when inputting data onto the system
- IT literate in Microsoft Office. Experience in QUBE is ideal but not essential and training will be given on the Property Management system.
- Good organisation skills and able to prioritise workload
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team
The hours are Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:00 (one-hour lunch) – 40 hours per week with attendance at Quarterly Resident’s Meetings and Occasional Community Events.
We recognise that our colleagues often go that extra mile in their daily roles to ensure our clients and customers receive an exceptional service. We like to reward our staff for their commitment and dedication.We are continually evolving and improving our employee benefits to make sure we offer something for everyone.
In addition to the standard salary and holiday allowance we offer:
- 38 hour working week, flexibly arranged within each team
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover (on passing probation)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Additional holiday for long service at five and ten years
- Discount voucher scheme for deals on days out, travel, special events, cinema and restaurants
- Cycle purchase loan scheme
- Free tea, coffee and squash
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com