Mainstay Group is an established leading Property Management business head quartered in Worcester. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Estate Manager to join the Residential Management Team on a permanent basis. You’ll assist in the delivery of high quality residential property & facilities management services at a key development in East London.
This would suit someone with operational/Facilities Management skills and budget management experience. We will consider candidates with either a residential background or someone interested in moving from commercial to residenital.
The main purpose of the job is supervising all aspects of the day to day management and maintenance of the property. The postholder will also be responsible for the supervision of any contractors working in the building and ensuring the required standards are achieved and maintaine. It will be a key part of the role to build and develop good working relationships with all residents and other local stakeholders including the manager of the Energy Centre.
- Responsibility for the performance of the customer focused property & facilities management services such as hard & soft service providers.
- Provide the day to day drive to deliver best in class services in an efficient and cost effective way.
- The role will involve extensive customer interactions working to continually evolve and improve our service in line with our customers’ expectations.
- Undertake the administration and management of the service charges
- Ensure that high site standards of repair, cleanliness and the general presentation of the property are achieved and maintained at all times.
- Liaising with the team at Head Office
- To implement efficient site-led operational processes to optimise the delivery solution to ensure the best possible customer experience
- Taking a lead on formal Resident and Client Liaison including Residents’ Meetings, building relationships with clients and customers.
- Overseeing repairs and ensuring the local process is working – also be escalation route for complex issues.
- Contractor Appointment and Management, M&E, utilising site staff where appropriate.
- Responsibility for Health & Safety and Fire Regulations.
- Ownership of Service Charge Budgeting and reporting.
Qualifications: MIRPM, BIFM or equivalent.
- Previous experience in Building Management including some time with an established Property Management/FM provider.
- Previous experience of delivering services to a very high level of quality in a customer facing environment.
- Proven Operational Management experience, including on complex schemes and contracts.
- Hands on experience of being located on a complex site – this is 210 homes plus retail, restaurants and hotel
- M&E experience
- Used to working to KPIs
- Competent in the use of the BMS and other computer software used in the monitoring of the buildings services, systems and facilities
- To acquire working knowledge of the technical equipment in the property and be certain of how to report and obtain prompt assistance with defect or malfunctions that may arise.
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety, IOSH qualification would be beneficial
- Full awareness of the latest developments in Property Management/FM market
- Fully accepting of accountability and comfortable within a full ownership model.
- A supportive hands-on management style and a willing need to invest time in others to help them learn and develop. A real focus on detail and the ability to deliver innovative solutions.
- Good communications and leadership skills.
- Team Player and ability to work in an environment of collective responsibility.
- IT literate and strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
We recognise that our colleagues often go that extra mile in their daily roles to ensure our clients and customers receive an exceptional service. We like to reward our staff for their commitment and dedication.We are continually evolving and improving our employee benefits to make sure we offer something for everyone.
In addition to the standard salary and holiday allowance we offer:
- 38 hour working week, flexibly arranged within each team
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover (on passing probation)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Additional holiday for long service at five and ten years
- Discount voucher scheme for deals on days out, travel, special events, cinema and restaurants
- Cycle purchase loan scheme
- Free tea, coffee and squash
Job Type: Full-time