Debt Recovery Assistant
An established leading Property Management business based in Worcester is looking to recruit a Debt Recovery Assistant on a permanent basis. For this position previous office based debt recovery or credit control experience is ideal, however we will train someone with a solid administrative background.
Reporting to the Senior Recovery Manager you’ll be involved in liaising with residents to collect overdue payments. This will be done by email, letter and phone and involves debt recovery escalated from the credit control team.
• Assisting the SDRM in debt collection and ensuring this is carried out as directed by them to further ensure that service charge and ground rent arrears are collected in a timely manner in accordance with company policies.
• Assisting with the sending of Letters Before Action
• Corresponding with Leaseholders via letter, telephone and/or email as directed by the SDRM
• Agreeing payment plans as directed by the SDRM and monitoring the same
• Monitor and accept/return incoming payments
• Take credit/debit card payments over the telephone
• Corresponding with Mortgage Companies both before and after proceedings are issued
• Accurate scanning and filing of letters/court documents
The hours for this position will be 9am-5pm Monday to Friday with an early finish of 3pm every other Friday.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Proven administrative skills
- Organised and able to work in a small team
- Good standard of Maths and English – GCSE grade C or above
- Good communication skills
- Previous credit control or debt recovery experience is ideal but not essential
- Previous experience in a property management company is advantageous but not essential
- Ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- IT literate in MS Word and Excel. Training will be given on the systems used for payments and property management.
We recognise that our colleagues often go that extra mile in their daily roles to ensure our clients and customers receive an exceptional service. We like to reward our staff for their commitment and dedication.We are continually evolving and improving our employee benefits to make sure we offer something for everyone.
In addition to the standard salary and holiday allowance we offer:
- 38 hour working week, flexibly arranged within each team
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover (on passing probation)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Additional holiday for long service at five and ten years
- Discount voucher scheme for deals on days out, travel, special events, cinema and restaurants
- Cycle purchase loan scheme
- Free tea, coffee and squash
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please fill out the application form and we will get back to you.