Assistant Estate Manager
Mainstay Group is an award-winning Property Management business, and we’re looking for an Assistant Estate Manager on a permanent basis for one of our prestigious sites in London, SE1.
The Assistant Estate Manager is responsible for the providing routine inspections and audits as well as undertaking routine and ad-hoc minor repairs and facilities services to support the Property Manager in the provision of a customer focused property management service. This is a roaming position across 3 developments rather than a FOH role.
- Undertake routine inspections and audits at estates and properties
- Produce relevant individual property/estate audits reports and portfolio overviews
- Champion best practice service delivery
- Attend Residents Meetings when scheduled
- Report back any defects in accordance with standard company process
- Where it is within the approved skillset of the supervisor, immediately repair/rectify simple defects and time-record the activity
- Assist and arrange Community Events for the portfolio
- Support the Estates Manager in supervising and managing contractor visits where appropriate;
- Undertake routine services where possible and as directed by the Property Manager
- Maintain all equipment for your job role in operable and safe condition
- Complete job sheets as required for work carried out or scheduled
- Produce Monthly Newsletters for the portfolio
- Act with integrity and professionalism at all times
- Report any repairs required that cannot be dealt with on-site to the Property Service Advisor
- Complete monthly presentations detailing the current issues/topics within the portfolio
- To maintain full compliance with the company Health and Safety Policy.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of property/estate inspections (preferred)
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment and working to KPI’s
- Experience in a services sector
- Ability to undertake site/estate inspections and audits
- Willingness & ability to take on a range of manual activities.
- Ability to integrate into a team environment.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and knowledgeable way to residents
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Hands on approach to service delivery
- Take personal responsibility for the work carried out.
- Flexibility and adaptability with ability to use own initiative
- Desire to deliver best in class service to the customer
- Ability to prioritise/multi-task
- Smart appearance/professional
We recognise that our colleagues often go that extra mile in their daily roles to ensure our clients and customers receive an exceptional service. We like to reward our staff for their commitment and dedication.We are continually evolving and improving our employee benefits to make sure we offer something for everyone.
In addition to the standard salary and holiday allowance we offer:
- 38 hour working week, flexibly arranged within each team
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover (on passing probation)
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Additional holiday for long service at five and ten years
- Discount voucher scheme for deals on days out, travel, special events, cinema and restaurants
- Cycle purchase loan scheme
- Free tea, coffee and squash
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com